At this camp, the kids run the place. That’s because the place is Sam Swope JABizTown®, a 7,000 square-foot mini-metropolis. JA BizTown is home to Papa John’s, Stock Yards Bank, UPS, LG&E, Kroger, WDRB-TV and other businesses you find in our own region.
JA BizTown Camp gives kids the opportunity to experience what it’s like to work in a job and run a business. But it’s much more than that!
JA BizTown Camp is an indoor, academic camp that combines classroom-style teaching with hands-on activities. Much of the camp experience includes working with other campers of different ages on group projects.
Cost: $195 ages 9-12.
Concepts Learned & Applied at Camp
- Entrepreneurship- brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life
- Business expenses- what are they and how do businesses cover costs
- Marketing- why and how to communicate your products or services
- Tradeoffs- what to do when business resources are limited
- Teamwork- Working with a group to reach a goal
- Personal banking- using a checkbook to pay for things you need or want
- Job preparation- Applying for and interviewing for a job
- Customer Service- Why it’s important to business success
- Making money for a business- How costs and sales affect profit and loss
- And much more!
The 2018 Summer Camp Dates:
JA BizTown Camp runs from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day.